Killarney SC are looking to recruit the right person to fill the position of Head Coach within the club. The Club was formed in 2012 and affiliated to Swim Ireland as a competitive Swimming Club and based in the Killarney Sports & Leisure Centre. The Club currently have 55 swimmers of various strengths, making up 3 Squads – Senior 1, Senior 2 and the Junior squad.
Job Spec Killarney SC Head Coach:
6-10 coaching sessions per week
Responsibility for organising and setting programs for each squad within the club
Responsibility for coordinating and organising coaching structure within each squad.
Availability for Galas.
Reporting to: Club Management Committee
Payment: Can be negotiated.
Qualifications Required (essential):
• Minimum of Swim Ireland level 2 coaching certification
• Up to date Swim Ireland / Sport Ireland safeguarding level 1 certification
• Up to date Garda vetting through Swim Ireland
• Current Swim Ireland coaches licence
• Up to date CPD points (6)
Other qualifications desired (not essential):
• Level 2 Swim teacher certification
• Strength & Conditioning Certification (CSCS, UKSCA)
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent time management skills
Committed to a Team Ethos
Athlete centred coaching approach
• Knowledge of programming and creating swim training plans (microcycles – macrocycles)
• Familiarity with Hytek software.
Please email interest or any questions/queries to club Secretary Lynne o Neill at email@example.com by closing date 24th June.