Whilst every care has been taken to ensure its accuracy, the information contained in this website is provided for general information purposes only. Dates for events, qualification times and Swim Ireland guidelines are regularly changed. The contents of this site are not definitive.
Neither Killarney Swimming Club, the Management Committee nor the Club’s members, accept responsibility or liability for any action taken in reliance on the information contained in this website and recommend that any item to be relied upon be double checked.
Killarney Swimming Club expressly prohibit links to this site from other websites without its prior written prior authorisation.
Neither Killarney Swimming Club, the Management Committee nor the Club’s members, are responsible or accept any liability for the content of external internet sites which link to this site or which are linked from it.
Killarney Swimming Club (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our terms and conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us through our website, forms or otherwise will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 ( “the Acts”), the data controller is Killarney Swimming Club based at By-Pass Road, Killarney, County Kerry.
Information we may collect
We may collect, retain and process the following data:
- Information that is provided by any person filling in forms on our website www.killarneyswimmingclub.com (“our website”) or otherwise including (but not limited to) membership forms, medical forms, assessment forms, e-vetting, competition or event entrance forms or education enrolment forms.
- If any person contacts us via phone, email, post or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Where you are a member of Killarney Swimming Club, we may keep a file on you as a member and also relevant details of your parent/guardian (where applicable). We may also collect information, assessments, images or videos from any competitions, events or training sessions run by Killarney Swimming Club and other swimming organisations and entities in which you participate.
- Where you are a contractor, employee, volunteer or supplier, we will keep a file of our interactions with you and any contracts or agreements we have made.
- Details of visits to our website including, but not limited to, IP addresses, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To maintain a record of your relationship with Killarney Swimming Club and your participation in any event, competition, training, course or otherwise with or on behalf of Killarney Swimming Club .
- For inclusion in international and/or national ranking lists (as required).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts or agreements entered into between you and us.
- Images or video taken at events, competitions or training may be used for Killarney Swimming Club training or marketing purposes, including social media posts.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us or to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- We may also provide third parties with aggregate information about our users that does not identify them.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- a member/members of our Club;
- Swim Ireland or a member of the Swim Ireland Group, which means and includes it’s subsidiaries and it’s ultimate holding company and it’s subsidiaries, as defined in section 155 of the Companies Acts, 1963;
- any Swim Ireland club or region;
- the Irish Sports Council;
- Northern Ireland Sports Council; or
- the Institute of Sport.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties:
- Where you give us permission to do so.
- Where you participate in an event or competition that is run by a third party, we may transfer limited personal data about to you to facilitate your entry and participation in that event or competition.
- In the event that we sell or buy any part of our club or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and your personal data may eventually be transferred to any new owner.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Killarney Swimming Club, it’s members, or others. This includes exchanging information with companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Sensitive personal data
Please note that where you give us any sensitive personal data, including but not limited to medical data, we treat this with the utmost confidentiality. We will only disclose this information to members of Killarney Swimming Club who need to know it in order to protect your health and welfare, or to third parties, such as medical personnel, in order to protect your health and welfare. We may also disclose it where we have a legal obligation to do so.
If you are travelling to a competition or event and we need to share your sensitive personal data with any third party in connection with this, to the extent this party is not listed in our medical consent form that you have already signed and agreed to, we will let you know in advance and ensure that you are happy with us disclosing this information about you.
- Analytical/performance cookies
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can find more information about the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Google Analytics cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website.The information collected is anonymous and includes the number of visitors to the website, what pages they visited and where they have come to the website from.||Further information on Google Analytics is available athttp://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html|
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
You have the right to ask us not to process personal data for Killarney Swimming Club marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect user data. You can also exercise the right at any time by opting-out at the end of any marketing communication we may send you.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Acts gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Acts. Any access request may be subject to a fee of €6.35 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Copyright of the content of this website is the property of Killarney Swimming Club. You may access, view and print out any content from the site for your personal and non-commercial use only. All other use, printing, copying, storing or reproduction of the site and it’s content is prohibited without our prior written consent.