At last! The results of our Christmas Quiz are out and our panel of expert judges have chosen a winner.
The answers are:
- 100 C in a E One hundred cents in a euro.
- The L L, M L and U L – the 3 L of K The Lower Lake, Middle Lake and Upper Lake – the 3 Lakes of Killarney.
- The R L is 23 K L The river Laune is 23 kilometres long.
- I the 1 by D J K I’m the 1 by DJ Khaled.
- B, B, B and F – the 4 S of the I M Butterfly, Back, Breast and Freestyle – the 4 strokes of the Individual Medley. (Frontcrawl was accepted here also.)
- W L D by M 5 What lovers do by Maroon 5.
- N 21, K to T N21, Killarney to Tralee.
- O’C O’S, S, 58 HS O’Connor O’Shea, Solicitors, 58 High Street.
- S C is C to T by J 5 Santa Claus is coming to town by Jackson 5.
- T M is 535 M H Torc Mountain is 535 metres high.
- K S C – F 2012 Killarney Swimming Club – founded 2012.
- K R C, W and A evening – 30/11/2017 Killarney Rotary Club, Wine and Art evening – 30/11/2017.
- 2 over P is a D B in G Two over par is a double bogey in golf.
- N A, the 1st M on the M Neil Armstrong, the first man on the Moon.
- 15 is the S R of 225 15 is the square root of 225.
- The A I M F F, K 6-17, D 1-8 The All Ireland Minor Football Final, Kerry 6-17, Derry 1-8.
- 2 H are B T 1 Two heads are better than one.
- I T 1 to K 1 It takes one to know one.
- 1, D P U the P One, don’t pick up the phone.
- 5 L D W out 1 D Five little ducks went out one day.
- P (F 18th – M 20th) Pisces (February 18th – March 20th).
- B R 2049 Blade Runner 2049.
- M A, F 1448 Muckross Abbey, founded 1448.
- 2, D L H in Two, don’t let him in.
- P F – 10th to 12th A Puck Fair – 10th to 12th August.
The tiebreaker question was: “What Christmas Carol do dogs like?”
Our winner is Saibh O’Brien from A Squad who answered all questions correctly and came up with the brilliant tiebreak answer of “The Furry-Tail of New York!”
Well done, Saibh. Enjoy the cinema and those hot chocolates.