In line with other sports organisations, Killarney Swimming Club has cancelled all training until further notice. Apart from this being a sensible decision, we have no choice as the Sports and Leisure Centre is closed until further notice. So, unless anyone seriously fancies some training with Cathal and John down at Ross Castle in the month of March …
It is important for our swimmers to understand that, even if any of them does get this flu, they are not in any danger. There’s no risk to young healthy people; the risk is to much older people and those with some health problems.
However, the problem is that, by coming into close contact with others, our swimmers could catch, carry and pass on this flu to these vulnerable groups. For this reason – to protect our vulnerable family and friends in Killarney – we will do our bit and stop training for a few weeks.
It’s the responsible thing to do.